Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Had Been Here Before

Source: "Tracks"


I had been here before, a long time ago. Wandering down a path that felt aimless. My bones ached. The pain reminded me of the rusty railways that had slowly overtime grown old, and no longer used. I continued walking down the path, searching for something familiar, something that could anchor me to this place, something that could tell me why I was walking down this path to begin with? Finally, I recognize the bend in the tracks. I raced to the turn thinking I knew what was around the corner, only to find that when I arrived I was still wandering down the tracks. What I thought was familiar was something new, something unknown. So here I am, facing the unknown before me, taking a deep breath, and continuing down the tracks. Maybe I’ll find a penny along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chris, Lisa, and Malia

Chris, Lisa, and Malia
Malia's baptism
Powered by Blogger.