Friday, January 9, 2009

Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)

This week I began my internship as a Chaplain at Methodist Hospital of Southern California in Arcadia. It has been quite the week of orientation, and I still have one week to go... which I am so thankful for! The first few days of orientation were pretty intense, packed with a lot of information and also a visit to the hospital morgue. It was a little overwhelming, but I know the Lord will give me the strength to minister in this setting to patients and families experiencing crisis. I think this internship will be one of the most challenging things I have done for my degree program, but I'm excited to be learning in this environment. Below are pictures of my first two days at work! I'll probably be posting more on my CPE over the next 10 weeks until I'm finished. 



Please pray for God's strength, grace, and protection over me and the baby as I continue to work at the hospital. I have my first on call next week and I'm a little anxious about that! Blessings to you all! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chris, Lisa, and Malia

Chris, Lisa, and Malia
Malia's baptism
Powered by Blogger.